- CLOSE -

- CLOSE -

Call Us Today 1-877-426-7238
Info +
Menu +

The Boathouse Blog

River Time Yoga

Monday, February 6th, 2017

Beth Estock is our guest yoga instructor on our wonderful, relaxing Salmon River Yoga Retreat July 22-25, 2017. Thanks, Beth, for this nice article on yoga, you, and the river. To reserve a seat, visit our trip page: Salmon River Yoga Retreat. I came to the practice of yoga 23 years ago when I was expecting […]

What To Pack On A White Water Rafting Trip

Monday, January 2nd, 2017

Ready for an adventure of a lifetime? White water rafting is an amazing experience full of moments of excitement and awe in the great outdoors. It’s best to come prepared for your trip so you can enjoy yourself no matter what may be in store. Many outfitters, like Winding Waters River Expeditions, provide premium rafting […]

Solar Eclipse Rafting Trip 2017

Wednesday, November 16th, 2016

Total Solar Eclipse! If you haven’t heard, there is going to be a solar eclipse on August 21st, 2017. A total eclipse for those lucky enough to be in the “Path of Totality.” Check it out- Hells Canyon and the Salmon River are near the path and would be great places to view the Eclipse! […]

RIVER Explorers

Monday, November 14th, 2016

Exploring the watersheds of the Salmon, Snake, and Grande Ronde Rivers is what we do…all summer long. And in 2017 we’ve added another fun and exciting layer to our explorations of the Salmon with Dr. Ruthi Davenport. The lucky 6-12 year olds who will join this trip will be guided in their explorations of the plants, […]

The “Off Season”?

Wednesday, November 2nd, 2016

“So, what do you guys do in the off season?” This question is one of our favorite discussion topics with our guests. The ‘off season’: that mysterious time of year between early November and middle of April when the river rests. This time-frame has transitioned through the years for Penny and Paul as they have become parents […]

2016 Season Slideshow: Smiles, Sun, and Silly

Wednesday, September 14th, 2016

The 2016 Summer Rafting Season is a Wrap! Typically not a term we like to use in the rafting business, but it fits here! We’ve compiled a few of our favorite pix from the season. Forgive us for not including every smiling face we had on the river with us. I think you’ll enjoy this slideshow […]

Top 5 Packing List Items

Monday, April 18th, 2016

We provide 99% of the essentials for a great vacation. Here are the top items in the other 1% we recommend: Awesome Water Bottle Good Sun Protection (hat, sunblock, sunglasses) River Shoes Long Sleeved Sun Shirt Waterproof Camera/Case And for all of the items we recommend, here is our complete Packing List. Water Bottles: Hydration is […]

2016 Winter Snowpack Stacking Up

Monday, February 8th, 2016

This winter’s snowpack is making us giddy for the upcoming rafting and fishing season. The Natural Resources Conservation Service’s (NRCS) website reports snowpack averages in our region as 100% or more: So what does this map mean for our river season? All of our rivers are in great shape for the rafting season: the Snake River in Hells […]

Glacier National Park and Rafting

Monday, February 8th, 2016

Is it time for you and your family to experience the natural wonders of the Western United States? Combine a whitewater rafting expedition with a visit to one of the west’s National Park treasures. We have helped many families plan their trips out west and have found this itinerary to work really well. Spend 4 or […]

Give Back to The River

Thursday, December 3rd, 2015

In 2016, will you run your fingers through the white sands of the Salmon, jump off Sturgeon Rock in Hells Canyon, or bird watch among the giant Ponderosas on the Grande Ronde? Book your trip now until Sunday, December 6th and we’ll give $100 in your name to Western Rivers Conservancy for every full-fare seat […]