They’re called the fish of a thousand casts for a reason. Many anglers spend years trying to catch their first Steelhead. However, with the guided Steelhead fishing trips from Winding Waters River Expeditions, our expert guides will help you to catch these elusive Steelhead. No matter your fly fishing experience, we’ll put you on fish and teach you how to catch them. Beginners and experts welcome!
We offer a variety of guided Steelhead fishing trips on the Grande Ronde and Wallowa Rivers, including trips on private stretches that few anglers ever get to wet a line in. The areas we fish are full of 24-36” Steelhead ready to take a skating dry fly. Your trip will include all the Steelhead fishing gear you need, including flies and tackle, as well as delicious shore lunches and snacks.
Our Steelhead guides have been fly fishing for decades and know the local waters like the back of their hands. Plus they’re great teachers and will help you improve your fly fishing skills, including tips on reading water, casting, fly selection and more. We’ll make sure you enjoy a trip that you will never forget!
Your Guided Steelhead Fishing Adventure
On your guided Steelhead fishing trip, you’ll:
- Fish for hard-fighting, wild Steelhead
- Learn from our experienced guides
- Enjoy the unforgettable scenery and wildlife of Eastern Oregon
What’s Included In Your Adventure?
- All of our guided steelhead fishing adventures include:
- Transportation to and from the river from Joseph or Troy, Oregon (depending on the trip you choose)
- All necessary Steelhead fishing equipment, including waders, rods, reels, lines, leaders, tippets, and flies
- Full Day Trips: Delicious shore lunches and snacks, using locally sourced ingredients. If you have special dietary needs, just ask!
- Multi-day trips include all camping equipment, including comfortable beds and warm tents.
- Full-service guides with years of local Steelhead fishing experience
Note: A valid Oregon fishing license is required.