The Salmon River
The Salmon River is the longest, undammed river contained within one state in the lower 48 United States, flowing 425 miles through pristine wilderness. Its unspoiled, natural beauty just can’t be beat. Many consider it to be the most beautiful river in North America. We float the lower section of the river, known as the Canyons, before it meets the Snake River. With exhilarating class III and IV whitewater rapids, beautiful white sand beaches, and deep river canyons, your Salmon River rafting trip will be the adventure of a lifetime. We offer a variety of 4, 5, and 6-day adventures, plus kayaking trips, and much more.
Your Salmon River Rafting Adventure
When you embark on a Salmon River rafting adventure with Winding Waters River Expeditions, you will:
- Experience powerful, world-class whitewater runs, including class III and IV rapids
- Enjoy amazing gourmet meals made from fresh, local ingredients
- Float through deep, natural river canyons
- Relax and camp on white sand beaches
- See miracles of nature, including Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep, geometric columnar basalt, and much more
- Swim in warm, crystal clear waters
What’s Included in Your Adventure?
Your Salmon River Rafting adventure includes:
- Transportation to and from the river
- All equipment, including spacious tents, and super-thick, comfortable sleeping pads
- All gourmet meals, including options to meet gluten-free, vegetarian and other dietary needs
- Full-service guides with decades of Salmon River rafting experience. They’ll take care of everything you need so you can enjoy the trip of a lifetime