The Salmon River
The Salmon River is the longest, undammed river contained within one state in the lower 48 United States, flowing 425 miles through pristine wilderness. Its unspoiled, natural beauty just can’t be beat. Many consider it to be the most beautiful river in North America. We float the lower section of the river, known as the Canyons, before it meets the Snake River. With exhilarating class III and IV whitewater rapids, beautiful white sand beaches, and deep river canyons, your Salmon River rafting trip will be the adventure of a lifetime. We offer a variety of 4, 5, and 6-day adventures, plus kayaking trips, and much more.
Your Salmon River Rafting Adventure
When you embark on a Salmon River rafting adventure with Winding Waters River Expeditions, you will:
- Experience powerful, world-class whitewater runs, including class III and IV rapids
- Enjoy amazing gourmet meals made from fresh, local ingredients
- Float through deep, natural river canyons
- Relax and camp on white sand beaches
- See miracles of nature, including Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep, geometric columnar basalt, and much more
- Swim in warm, crystal clear waters
What’s Included in Your Adventure?
Your Salmon River Rafting adventure includes:
- Transportation to and from the river
- All equipment, including spacious tents, and super-thick, comfortable sleeping pads
- All gourmet meals, including options to meet gluten-free, vegetarian and other dietary needs
- Full-service guides with decades of Salmon River rafting experience. They’ll take care of everything you need so you can enjoy the trip of a lifetime
This 5-day Salmon River Rafting adventure runs 72 miles through the lower Salmon River in an area known as The Canyons. You’ll run class III & IV whitewater rapids, including the Pipeline and Lorna’s Lulu. You’ll play on natural white sand beaches, fish, see incredible wildlife, and much more. This trip starts at Hammer Creek and ends at Heller Bar.
Season: Early July – Mid September
This 4-day Salmon River rafting adventure might be the best family vacation around. Experience the crystal clear waters and white sandy beaches of the lower Salmon River from Pine Bar, Idaho to Heller Bar, Washington. Exciting whitewater rapids, including the Infamous Snow Hole & the Gobbler, beautiful scenery you won’t find anywhere else, visits to historic sites, and much more. Plus there’s plenty of time to relax on the sandy beaches, play games, and relax around the campfire.
Season: Early July – Late August
Join a professional band, the likes of Elephant Revival (in 2017), for 4 amazing days on the Salmon River. Spend your days rafting through deep canyons and thrilling whitewater rapids. In the evenings, enjoy gourmet meals and private concerts with these amazing artists. Book now, only 18 seats are available for these one-of-a-kind adventures.
2018 Date TBA
Calling all RIVER Explorers ages 7-14 years old. This 4-day Salmon River rafting adventure is custom-created for families with aspiring naturalists. Run the lower Salmon River from Pine Bar, Idaho to Heller Bar, while children investigate the plants, animals, rocks, water, and Native Americans of the Salmon River Watershed with instructor Dr. Ruthi Davenport. A wonderful family trip where WWRE takes care of every last detail.
August 12-15, 2018